Sunday, January 11, 2015

(I'm Back!) And My Word Of The Year is PROCESS


I used to draft resolutions as a child.  Every year I did it. Now, because of my to-do list, I started simply doing "word of the year".  Last year, my word was "reinvent".  It was a time to reinvent myself in so many ways, one of which was going from a SAHM to a full-time working mom.  It was a year of awakening to my passions (such as writing and parenting) to learning how to be present and content in any circumstance.  



Towards the end of last year, I found myself thinking more about how and why I did certain things.  Maybe it was because there were times the house was chaotic and I just couldn't find time for enough sleep.  Yet, there were times I was successful at creating peace and order.  

So this year, I chose "process".   I could have went with reorganization, or minimalism.  But these words didn't quite capture what I wanted to do:

      • Build more routines into home life and capture more time to spend with family.
      • Find more pockets of efficiency at work and find ways to be more productive.
      • Be more compassionate towards myself. 
      • Automate.
      • Create better habits and make it second nature (wonder if I can find ways to make cleaning or dishes more enjoyable!)
      • Use captured time to also contribute, serve, and create. 
      • Unleash more of my creative side.
Learning, defining, implementing, testing, and adopting a process in one's life, all under the umbrella of grace, is what this year will be all about.  At home. At work. In my life. And at play.  It doesn't matter what subject is, but it will be about thinking and understanding how I can do what matters most in the midst of life's responsibilities. 

Do you have a word of the year? If you think it's a nifty idea and you want some assistance thinking of one, try the following exercise:

  1. What's been on your heart? 
  2. How would you describe it?
  3. Pare it down to one word (use a thesaurus if need be).


No comments:

Post a Comment